Friday, 31 October 2014

Gluten Free and Vegan Lemon and Blueberry Muffins!



Hi Dolls,

I have been playing the role of the Domestic Goddess lately and have been cooking up a storm, amongst the storms that have been happening outside.
I have gone through a stage of throwing wacky things together and creating amazing tasting dishes.

But a couple of weeks back my Grandparents brought over some lemons straight off of their tree, so I have been finding ways to use up, the two large shopping bags full of lemons.
I don't know if you have noticed, I love blueberries! I have used them so many times in recipes on here but I can't help myself they are just so darn delicious.
So I decided to mix both of these wonderful creations from God's garden and make some delectable goodies for my special visitor.

So lets get down to it,
You are going to need:

-2 1/3 cups of All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
-1/3 cup of Polenta
- 1 tbsp. of Gluten Free Baking Powder
-3/4 tsp. Salt
-3/4 cup of Coconut Sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks of Vegan Butter
- 1 1/3 cups of Almond Milk
- Egg Replacer to the value of 2 Eggs
-1 tsp. Vanilla
- 3 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp. Lemon Zest
- 2 cups of Blueberries

If you are making a non vegan and non gluten free recipe follow below,

-2 1/3 cups of Plain Flour
-1/3 cup of Polenta
- 1 tbsp. of Baking Powder
-3/4 tsp. Salt
-3/4 cup of Sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks of Butter
- 1 1/3 cups of Milk
- 2 Eggs
-1 tsp. Vanilla 
- 3 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp. Lemon Zest
- 2 cups of Blueberries

Now we are going to start by preheating the oven at 200ºC, or 390ºF.
Line a muffin tray with your choice of liners or grease if you would prefer.
I used an electric mixer to make these muffins, and if you choose to do the same, make sure to never over mix your muffins because they will go hard.

In my mixing bowl a beat together the sugar and eggs on medium speed. Then added the butter and beat on higher speed until the mixture was fluffy. Add in the vanilla and the lemon juice and beat on medium speed for 1 minute.

Add half of the dry mixture to the mixer and whirl away. Add the almond milk and keep on mixing.
Add the rest of the flour mixture and mix until everything is combined into a lovely batter.

Stir in the blueberries and the lemon zest and we are all ready to spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.

Bake in the oven for 20-25mins. Once your skewer test comes out clean your muffins are ready to cool on a wire rack.
Or if you're like me, ready to pull open and eat that steamy hot goodness!


I hope you have enjoyed this Spooky Halloween Special, who am I kidding this post is basically puppies and rainbows! 

Have an amazing weekend filled with love and laughs! 
Take Care Dolls and Love!
xo
Post a Comment